Friday, March 16, 2012

Mock O'Charley's Steak and Pasta

Living around and following my sister and her Air Force husband, I've been afforded the opportunity to visit many new places, try new things, and meet new people.  Most of my adult life has been in single mom mode, so living in their circle made life much more exciting and interesting.

After visiting O'Charley's restaurant and ordering the Steak Pasta, my sister and I decided we had to learn how to make that dish at home. I think we got it almost perfect.

Ingredients

Steak tips or strips
Pasta
Bacon Bits
Asparagus
Tomato Bacon Salad Dressing
Horseradish

Prep meat:  We soak meat to get as much blood out as possible.  We aren't kosher: we just don't like the bloody taste in the meat.  My sister pressures her meat in the pressure cooker.  I like to saute my meat in butter for a bit of flavor since we soak it.

Boil noodles - Since we are gluten free, we use rice noodles, but wheat noodles are what O'Charley's uses.  We have used a flat noodle, and a regular spaghetti noodle.  We also tried it with Tinkyada Rice/Spinach noodles.  That was a good combination. 

Drain noodles, and mix with tomato bacon dressing and bacon bits.  You don't need a lot of dressing, just enough to coat the noodles.

Saute Asparagus - My sister uses frozen asparagus tips, but I like to saute tips in butter.  They can be a bit stringy, so choose your asparagus (frozen, canned, or fresh).

Stir prepared meat, asparagus and seasoned noodles together.  Add horseradish to taste or serve on the side for diners to use or not use.

Serve with garlic French toast, and a side salad.  Yummylicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment