Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ouchy, Ouchy, Boo Boo

The Burn Queen strikes again.  Food turned out great, but right birdie finger is a bit over done.

I'm notorious for burning stuff: food, potholders, pots and pans...body parts.  You name it, I can burn it.


Observation

It amazes me how chefs produce the most tasty treats for the tummy, and the eye.  And, their kitchens are normally non-chaotic.  My kitchen is total chaos when I try to cook.  I don't understand it.  I try so hard.  My food tastes great, but it appears to be a hard-fought battle won when I finish.

My dad's kitchen didn't look messy when he cooked because he cleaned at the same time.  I can't do that.  I either forget the food and burn it, or I'm so busy stirring, or measuring, that I don't have time to clean.  Did I mention my food tastes good.

Hum...I guess I need to work on mise en place.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mise_en_place

Yesterday

Yesterday, I was cooking some Tyson chicken nuggets in the oven.  I normally don't eat processed foods, but Abs can't eat them.  They make her itch.  (She has allergies to wheat, and corn.)  So, I was using them before they got freezer burn on them.

Just as I was taking them out of the oven, the pot holder shifted, and I burned my finger.  Ouch!  I even felt the sizzle!  Ouchy, Ouchy!  (I don't like oven mitts.)

What to do, What to do?  I ran cold water over it.  I was out of silvadine burn cream.  You know, the kind you get from the doctor when you get sunburn.  Butter is ineffective.  Ice just makes a mess.  Oh, yeah, Oh yeah...my burn bandaids. Oh, Oh, Oh...

Luck

Several years ago, when I still shopped at Wal-mart, I found some Curad silver bandaids.  These are just wonderful for those little burns.

Recently, I found some at Dollar Tree for a dollar: the ones shown in the above picture actually!  Yippy Skippy.  I bought what they had, and am down to one box.  Yup, one lonely box because I've not seen them again, and I had just located those in the bathroom cupboard just a few days ago.

Ah...relief!  It takes the sting out almost immediately.

What are silver bandages for?

Read it here...

http://www.ehow.com/info_8110604_silver-bandages.html

Ingestion

Colloidal Silver ingestion is not uncommon, but I saw an interview with a lady that ingested it.  She had silver skin because the body can't eliminate it.  It is toxic to the body.  This poor woman actually looked like the tin man on Wizard of Oz.

Venues that sell colloidal silver for ingestion have tons of "studies" to decry this phenomenon.  So, research, research, research, if you think this might be for you.

Next time

If you can't find silver bandaids in the stores or drug stores, there is always Amazon, or individual internet sites.  My suggestion to you would be to stock up for those little sizzling emergencies.  Make them a "must have" for your home, work, or travel emergency kits.  They sure help me.

Blessings!



And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver purified in a crucible, like gold refined seven times.  Psalm 12:5-7 (biblegateway.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment